Growing up I would watch a famous English dog trainer, Barbara Woodhouse on the TV – from then on I was hooked!
Both paid and voluntarily – I’ve attended traditional dog obedience classes with my own dogs since the age of 15 and have always been facinated with the species. My dog Peppa and I enjoyed being members of the Dog Agility Club of Victoria for a while and over the last 5 years I have volunteered as a dog walker at Pets Haven in Woodend and Animal Aid, Coldstream.
– Amichien Bonding Foundation course & NDTF Cert III Dog Training & Behaviour
– Training With Clarity Seminar (The K9 Company)
– Dog Behaviour Seminar; Animal Aid, Coldstream
I am interested in all aspects of dog behaviour and particularly love any form of training/activity which involves dogs using their natural senses, instincts and abilities, such as scent detection and agility.
Hard question… everything!
Peppa – 8 year old Border Collie x Kelpie. I adopted peppa from Pets Haven animal shelter, Woodend when she was approx 7 months old. Peppa is VERY ball motivated and loves doing aglilty, and swimming in the creek.
Woody – 7 year old Labrador X, adopted 2 years ago from Forever Friends rescue. Woody loves anything which means he gets to be the centre of attention, playing with Peppa and riding his skateboard!
– Be calm, clear and consistent when communicating with your dog – and remember often words are not necessary – dogs mainly read your energy and body language.
– Do not under estimate the benefits of keeping your dog mentally stimulated.
– Exercise is great but dogs brains need a work out too!